We recognize that you are busy with your everyday life. We also recognize that buying and selling property isn’t something you do everyday. As your Realtor® Team, we aim to make your transaction as smooth and easy as it can be for you. We thought you might appreciate an overview of the process.
First Meeting: Discuss needs and wants in detail.
- If not yet prequalified, have you meet with one of our recommended lenders?
- Present findings of an extensive MLS home search. Setup “VIP Buyer” home search to automatically email you any new listings that come on the market that fits your criteria.
- Take initial MLS home search results and drive by them at your leisure. We would then meet to tour homes that interested you.
- Select a few homes from initial search that interest you and tour them together to gain better sense of needs and wants.
- Once you find the house you would like to own, we will assist you in writing the contract. We will walk you through each of the clauses of this legally binding agreement so you are comfortable and have a clear understanding of the agreement.
- We make sure that all documents are signed according to the requirements of the Washington Real Estate Agency.
- We will then present your offer to the Seller’s Broker and the Seller.
- Seller accepts offer!! See next page for the next steps.
- Seller counteroffers with a few changes to the terms of the contract; you have the opportunity to accept, reject, or counter the new terms. We will guide you through this.
- Seller rejects. We will walk you through the next steps if this happens to your offer.
Once we have an offer accepted by both you and the Seller, we enter into the next phase of the process. There are inspections to be scheduled, appraisals to be ordered, and numerous deadlines to meet. See below for how this part of the process typically proceeds. We will be there for you during the whole process.
- Offer accepted by all parties.
- We will open escrow as directed by contract. We will order Preliminary Title Report.
- You lender will be notified of accepted offer. We will fax a copy of the deal to your lender.
- We will provide a list of recommended inspectors. We will set up all inspection appointments within the time limits set forth in the Contract. Common inspections to be arranged might include Pest and Dry Rot, Whole House, Roof, and Sewer Line.
- We will open property up for appraiser and inspectors to complete their tests and inspections.
- We will review inspection reports with you. If repairs are needed we will draft an Inspection Repair Addendum to negotiate any work you would like to have completed or for which you would like compensated through the contract. We will coordinate the execution of this document with the Seller's agent.
- We will provide recommended list of contractors and we will facilitate all repairs being made to property prior to closing.
- We will gather information regarding all your new utility companies,with phone numbers to make scheduling your new services easy.
- Review the closing papers for you.